VERSION EN ESPANOL ABAJO
It's almost Halloween so if you don't have your costume yet, you better hurry!
Luckily, you do not have to worry about what to bring for the party though because I created this delicious pumpkin pie that's perfect for any occasion and takes less than an hour to prepare.
You can share it with your kids, friends and family without hesitation, since it is not only vegan and gluten free, but also quite healthy. Ideally you should put some cashew coconut cream on top to give it the perfect extra kick.
To sum this pie up, it is:
If you try this recipe, let me know! It would make me so happy to see your creation! Leave a comment below and don’t forget to tag a photo @myfruitsoflife on Instagram.
CREAMY PUMPKIN PIE (VEGAN; GLUTEN FREE)
Prep time 20 mins
Baking time 30 mins
Total time 50 mins
Serves: 1 x 24cm pie
1 cup oat flour (or pulverized oats)
1 cup amaranth flour (or pulverized amaranth)
1 cup gluten free flour
3 tbsp agave honey
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup water
500g pumpkin purée
100g coconut cream (the dense part of the coconut milk can)
1/4 cup agave honey
1/4 cup coconut sugar (or more if you like it sweet)
2 tsp pumpkin spice
1/4 cup corn starch
1/4 cup almond or soy milk
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/4 tsp sea salt
Cashew Coconut Cream
50g coconut cream (rest of the dense part of the can)
1 cup cashews, presoaked and drained
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp agave honey
1/4 cup almond milk
1 tbsp coconut oil
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
2. For the crust, pulverize all the dry crust ingredients in a blender, then add the wet crust ingredients and form a dough.
3. Take a pie tin, spray with some non-stick spray and start distributing the crust dough evenly inside the tin. Once you’ve covered the whole surface including the edges, set the tin aside, preferably in the fridge.
4. For the filling, blend all the filling ingredients until creamy and add them into the crust.
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Then, take the pie out of the oven and let cool completely to set.
6. For the cashew coconut cream, pulverize the cashews in the blender, then add all the other ingredients and blend until creamy. Let harden in the fridge.
7. Now enjoy the pie with some cashew coconut cream or just on its own.
Hey, I am Franziska! I have been passionate about cooking and baking since I was a child and I am thrilled to pass on some of my favourite vegan recipes.